POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Andrew must have a target on his back. : Re: Andrew must have a target on his back. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Andrew must have a target on his back.
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Jan 2008 09:54:53
Message: <47a1e13d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hmm, I wonder how you tell if you have diabetes? Actually, wait - I'd
>> probably feel *ill* if I had something that seriously wrong with me...
>
> Eumm.. Diabetes is relatively asymptomatic in it's early stages,
> Generally people first find out when they get a physical and their blood
> test shows high blood glucose levels.
>
> There are subtle signs: Extreme thirst, urination at night (waking to
> urinate) But, that's about it. You'll feel normal otherwise. Eventually,
> after many years, you'll have glaucoma, neuropathy, reduced circulation
> in the extremities.

Random observation: Given any almost any disorder, if you list the
symptoms it's almost always possible to think to yourself "yeah, I
sometimes get that..." Weird, eh?

For example, right now I *am* quite thirsty, as it happens. But then,
this is possibly related to the following:

1. I haven't had anything to drink for several hours.

2. The temparature here is higher than a typical English summer day.

Similarly, I frequently have very cold hands. This is possibly related
to me being a very tall skinny person who feels the cold a lot... Join
enough dots up and you can almost convince yourself that you suffer from
any disease known! :-.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/